NCAA Tournament madness: Wisconsin player badgers stenographer
It doesn’t happen often, but once in a while the spotlight shines on the stenographer. The bigger the venue, the bigger the spotlight.
And right now, nothing’s much bigger than the NCAA Tournament. So, when a player made reference to the stenographer who was documenting a news conference, suddenly the stenographer wasn’t just recording the news, she WAS the news.
After his team’s win against the Oregon Ducks, Wisconsin Badger Nigel Hayes began his turn at the mike with a few words: specifically, cattywampus, onomatopoeia and Antidisestablishmentarianism.
When asked why, he said he was trying to make the stenographer’s job really interesting.
After the news conference, three Wisconsin players gathered around the stenographer and got her to explain how her machine worked. They pecked on a few keys themselves while the media took pictures and video.
The Sweet 16
Now that the teams have been narrowed down to 16, college basketball fans across the country are ready to watch their favorite teams determine the winner of the 2015 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship tournament.
Many fans will be perched in front of their televisions, jumping from city to city via CBS, truTV, TBS and TNT.
Other lucky fans will be going in person to cities across the country. Tickets are available through the NCAA’s website here.
Here are the regional and Final Four sites and dates:
- Regional Semifinals and Finals (Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight)
- March 26 and 28
- Midwest Regional, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio (Host: Mid-American Conference and Cleveland State University)
- West Regional, Staples Center, Los Angeles, California (Host: Pepperdine University)
- March 27 and 29
- East Regional, Carrier Dome, Syracuse, New York (Host: Syracuse University)
- South Regional, NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas (Hosts: Rice University, and University of Houston)
- National Semifinals and Championship (Final Four and Championship)
- April 4 and 6
- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana (Hosts: Butler University, IUPUI and the Horizon League)
Here are our offices in or near NCAA regional sites:
If you find yourself in some of those cities with the need to balance March Madness and work, we have offices in or near most of the regional host cities and the site of the Final Four.
Southwest regional center
2425 West Loop South
Need litigation support in a different city? Call a Huseby scheduler and ask. We have more than 4,000 conference room suites worldwide ready for you to use today.