2019 Court Reporting and Captioning Week
This week is Court Reporting and Captioning week. Consider participating by spreading the word about this interesting and profitable career.
The NCRA has created a list of the top 10 ways you can celebrate. Their list can be found below and at their link, https://bit.ly/2UZ07wO.
1. Bask in the glory of being an NCRA member and a court reporter or captioner.
2. Show your court reporter pride by changing your Facebook profile picture, cover photo, and Twitter icon to the 2019 Court Reporting & Captioning Week logo from February 9-16.
3. Encourage a student to participate in NCRF’s Oral Histories Program to earn a membership in NCRA for one year.
4. Share with parents and students the DiscoverSteno website when you explain court reporting as a great career.
5. For the Veteran’s History Project, request a veteran’s interview to transcribe… and earn 0.25 PDC per interview you transcribe (up to 4 interviews).
6. Post frequently on social media during Court Reporting & Captioning Week about why you became a court reporter, your favorite court reporting gadget, what you like to tell non-reporters about the profession, the best advice you give court reporting students, your professional goal for 2019, etc.
7. Share careers in court reporting information with others interested in the profession, or present at a local school.
8. Share a complimentary copy of Making the Record: A Guide for Attorneys with all lawyers who you work with during Court Reporting & Captioning Week.
9. Send prewritten local media pitch and press releases to your local newspaper, radio station, and news station before, during, or after Court Reporting & Captioning Week. Templates can be found at NCRA.org/Awareness.
10. Read and be inspired by what members did during the 2018 Court Reporting & Captioning Week.