How to Maintain Cybersecurity at Your Law Firm
Today, we live in a world where technology has been integrated into just about every business. It has evolved the legal industry in countless ways, most are beneficial and increase convenience. With the good comes the not so good – the presence of technology presents a new risk when it comes to the security of confidential information. There are, however, ways that you can ensure your firm has the best cybersecurity possible.
Below are 5 tips for maintaining your law firm’s cybersecurity.
1. Prevention - Create strong passwords with a password manager to prevent anyone from being able to decode passwords.
2. Use only trusted sources, such as Huseby, with confidential client information and data. Huseby takes data security very seriously and has committed significant resources to ensure that our clients have the most secure data and client information in the industry. These procedures and safeguards ensure the highest standards of confidentiality are met both in our production facilities and data centers.
3. Educate your employees about cybersecurity and implement policies and procedures. If possible, building a team dedicated solely to cybersecurity is a great idea.
4. Encryption of devices, laptops, and desktop computers. These can be stolen at any time and being proactive with encryption is one of the best ways to ensure the highest security.
5. Conduct regular security risk assessments. This is the best way to measure how difficult it is to hack into your own system. You can hire someone to conduct a risk assessment or have your cybersecurity team take over this.
For more on Huseby’s data security, visit huseby.com/court-reporting.