Steps to Make Your Business “Greener”
One of the most current trends in the corporate world is to help reduce the damage being done to our environment. Businesses are making an effort now more than ever to become “greener.” Not only is it beneficial to the environment, but it is also great for public image. Your business can help by taking the following steps.
1. Switch to post-consumer-waste paper. This is paper made from repurposed materials from recycling centers. Printing as little as possible, and using PCW paper, is a great way to reduce the paper waste your business produces.
2. Use LED lightbulbs. These consume much less energy than regular lightbulbs. The initial price is a bit more expensive, but you can save up to $200 per lightbulb over time from the amount of energy that was saved.
3. Replace old appliances with new energy efficient ones.
4. Buy used office furniture. Minimize your business’s environmental footprint by using recycled office furniture sold on Craigslist or Ebay.
5. Alternate mode of transport. When possible, use a bike, public transport, or car pool to get to work.
6. Have recycling cans posted at multiple locations in the office. Always make sure to encourage office recycling of all kinds.