Top Three Remote Deposition Preparation Tips
As the COVID crisis continues without a clear and definitive end in sight, courts want to keep your cases moving and have started encouraging remote depositions as a tool to avoid delayed proceedings. If you have been hesitant to conduct a remote deposition, contact us and we'll gladly walk you through the process and a quick demo - Huseby supports hundreds of remote depositions every day with HusebyConnect and RingHuseby.
If you haven't yet participated in a virtual deposition or would like to learn more, here are our top three remote deposition preparation tips and resources to get you started:
1. Schedule a demo to see which virtual deposition platform fits your needs best.
Joining a live demo of our two web conferencing platforms, HusebyConnect and RingHuseby, will help you determine which platform fits your deposition needs. During each live demo, you will be taken on a tour of HusebyConnect and RingHuseby, allowing you to have your first test drive with remote depositions. Our demos are a conversation. Feel free to click around and get familiar with the software as we explain the different capabilities and best practices - through our experiences and those shared to us by attorneys and court reporters alike. We highly recommend a demo if you are not familiar with virtual depositions.
2. Test your system prior to the deposition to ensure your software is up-to-date and to avoid any technical difficulties.
Once you are ready to schedule your virtual deposition, contact our calendar team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take it form there. Our Support Team will contact you prior to the date of the deposition to schedule a test with you and to check and make sure your software is up to date. Please provide contact information for all parties that are planning to attend the remote deposition. We will reach out to each party to run a test with them too - ensuring a seamless deposition experience.
3. Practice presenting exhibits so you know what you to expect.
There are a few options for handling exhibits in a remote deposition depending on the volume of your exhibits. We highly recommend you schedule a practice session with a Huseby Tech Expert, who can guide you through your selected platform and answer any questions you may have. Access your Exhibit Practice Module through your HusebyConnect portal, where you can practice pre-loading, annotating, marking, and presenting exhibits. Click here to learn more about electronic exhibit presentation.
Huseby's Helpful Links:
- Learn more about HusebyConnect's features and benefits to see how easy it is to conduct a virtual deposition and other legal proceedings safely from your home and office. All you need is an internet connection and camera-enabled computer. It's that simple.
- Visit Your Web Resource Center to access your deposition calendar, review transcripts, schedule your next remote deposition, and download testimony and exhibits in real-time.
- Check out our short video which will explain our truly touch-less depositions.
Let us support you during your next remote deposition. And, as we all navigate through this uncertain time, from all of us at Huseby, we wish you good health.